Search for atmospheres
Long rainy afternoons spent reading with my grandfather
Reading with grandpa
In my late teens and early twenties I spent a lot of time with my grandfather - my Opa Hans - where we did not much talk. He would sit in one armchair, reading his newspaper, regularly nodding off in the process. I would keep him company, sitting in the other armchair (which used to be my grandma's), most likely reading a book. The clock on the wall ticking quietly. For the most part we sat in companionable silence for a few hours after dinner until it was time to put the coffee machine on and bring out the cake I had bought in the bakery on my way over.
I have enjoyed making this audioscape thinking of these peaceful hours, raising his spirit to sit with me once more.
The image from Flickr captures the atmosphere beautifully even though I was a young woman, not a little boy :) https://www.flickr.com/photos/badwsky/5406996959/
Comments for "Reading with grandpa"
License details for "Reading with grandpa"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Yawning by ckvoiceover from http://freesound.org +)
- Page Turn by davidbain from http://freesound.org +)
- girl sighing by Desiree +)
- Soft Snoring by Jack Strebor +)
- clock tick by kingloki +)
- Water dripping slow by mich3d from http://freesound.org +)
- Newspaper by peasoperro from http://freesound.org +)
- Light Rain by soundrecorder7 from http://freesound.org +)