Search for atmospheres
Watching the fire during a thunderstorm in grandfather's drawing room
Inside the Drawing Room
My father was from Los Angeles, all the way. My mother, however, was a refind woman from Kent, England. During my fall break from school, we traveled to my English grandfather's house in the country. I have warm memories of reading until way past my bedtime in grandfather's study; the rain pouring down, a fire crackling in the huge stone fireplace and the tick-tock of the tall clock that had been in that house for over 50 years. I read Jane Austen and Charlotte Brontë and wished we lived there instead of in California with its ever-quickening pace of life.
Comments for "Inside the Drawing Room"
License details for "Inside the Drawing Room"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- 1840s Grandfather Clock by daveincamas from http://www.freesound.org/people/daveincamas/sounds/27077/ +)
- Distant rolling thunder by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Light rain 2 by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Light thunder, right to center by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Pre thunderstorm by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Thunder, crispy bang by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Crickets ambience by www.soundsnap.com *)
- fire 1 by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license