Search for atmospheres
Colette's Home During World War II : France circa 1941
French Home During WWII, 1941
Colette sighs and continues tuning her radio to listen to the news about the war -- her Dad talks to her neighbor in the living room while her Maman cleans and cooks breakfast in the kitchen. Her sister plays music in her bedroom with her new record player.
Colette lives in Normandy, France, and her family sits down to dinner each night and listens to the fateful news that their radio brings. Most days, she can hear planes flying up above her, never sure if, or where, they may drop a bomb. She hears air raids on the hour, signaling bombing across nearby towns. She tries to focus on the things that make her happy -- being with her family, petting her cat Minou, and listening to her siblings and the neighbor's children play happily outside.
This is France: 1941.
Comments for "French Home During WWII, 1941"
License details for "French Home During WWII, 1941"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Glass dishes by bolcol +)
- Aircraft Siren by By Guitarguy1985 - www.freesound.org +)
- French man speaking by Francois Civil +)
- Children playing in yard by goldkelchen from http://freesound.org +)
- village_church_bells by lunerweekly +)
- German Radio Tuning by reinsamba on freesound.org +)
- Jet Flyby by soundfx.com +)
- La Vie en Rose other room by tumblr +)